World Champion mountain biker kicks off 2011 SRAM Gold Rusch Tour to encourage ladies to dust off their bicycles
Rebecca Rusch, the two-time Leadville Trail 100 Women's Champ and three-time 24 Hour Solo Mountain Biking World Champion, announces the date of the 2011 SRAM Gold Rusch Tour. The tour is designed to get women across the country outdoors and on their bicycles.
“Our goal is to empower girls and women through hands-on experience to pick up a bicycle and get outside,” says Rebecca Rusch. “On a professional level, I’m seeing more and more women on the trail. It’s awesome to get young girls and women of any age excited about the sport. I’m living proof that it’s never too late to learn to ride a bike.”
2011 SRAM Gold Rusch Tour
- • The Ladies Lounge at the Sea Otter Classic: April 14-17–Rebecca and other female pros will teach bike wrenching basics, talk race tactics and mingle in the women’s-only lounge. The Ladies Lounge is an opportunity for women to get hands-on experience and pro tips.
- • Beti Bike Bash in Lakewood, Colorado: June 11-12 – Rebecca and other pros will be on hand for this two-day, women’s only, mountain bike expo, 2x10 demo and race in Colorado. Women can ride with the pros, gather race tips and soak in the motivation. A chance to find out why “RACE” is not a four-letter word.
- • Ashland Super-D Media Tour in Ashland, Oregon: June 17-19 – Rebecca and fellow mountain bike shredder Lindsey Voreis will lead four select female media representatives through three days of riding and racing the Ashland, OR Super-D. These fearless media mavens will step outside their comfort zone and experience the thrill of gravity-riding. Reba and Lindsey will be on-hand to offer riding tips to the public and share experiences
- • “Wheel Girls” Mountain Bike Club in Ketchum, ID: June through July– Rebecca is partnering with her local recreation district, and sponsors, SRAM and Specialized to start a 12-17 y/o female only mountain bike club. This is the first girls MTB club in the area and will provide the opportunity for young women to learn from Rebecca and other local racers, participate in local events, volunteer for trail building, and meet the Team at US National XC, Short-Track and Super-D Nationals.
- • New York City Media Ride: TBD – Rebecca will be at Manhattan’s Highbridge Mountain Bike Park to lead media representatives through two days of semi-private clinics and product demos. Yes! There is mountain biking in New York City and Rebecca is determined to get editors out of their offices and onto the dirt.
Media interested in participating in any of the events should contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.