4/26/09

ANDY POTTS WINS THE ST. ANTHONY’S TRIATHLON

After two second place finishes this season, Potts breaks through for his first win
Andy Potts battled wind and waves to pull out his first win of the season at the St. Anthony’s Triathlon in Petersburg, FL. Potts emerged 4th from the water, but took over the lead on the bike after fellow Suunto Teammate Matty Reed suffered a flat tire and withdrew from the race. No one could catch Potts on the run and he won by a minute and a half.


“I’m really happy with my win today,” said Andy “St. Anthony’s is a huge race on the triathlon calendar and I’m glad I could put my name on the list next to the great previous winners.”


“The day seemed to get better for me as the race progressed,” explains Potts. “I had an okay swim; the seas were really rough out there. I followed with a solid ride and a really strong run. My running legs felt the best they have so far in this short season. I’m really please to pick up the W!”


Reed, who was defending his title at St Anthony’s, says he was feeling good and liked his chances of repeating before getting the flat. He vowed to come back next year and take back his crown.

The win for Potts is also the 3rd in a row for Suunto Athletes. Reed and Potts finished 1-2 in Miami and Oceanside before Potts grabbed the win at St. Anthony’s. Both train and compete with Suunto’s t6c wristop, heart rate monitor belts and PODs.


No comments:

Post a Comment