6/17/09

Ready for a BIG WEEKEND?

Potts and Reed ready to hold off European favorites
Fellow Suunto Ambassadors Andy Potts and Matty Reed (here in winning pose after Oceanside 2009) are hitting top form and are prepared to hold off the European challenge ahead of this Sunday’s men’s ITU World Championship Series race in Washington DC.

"It’s great for the sport, it’s getting more professional now and it’s going to be fantastic racing," says Reed of the WCS. "It’s got the best athletes in the world concentrating on this one series."
"I am fit and fast and ready to race DC,”
continues Reed, 33. “I'm happy with where I am at in the season and am looking forward to the fun, fast racing of a WCS race.”

"I am happy with my training so far this season.” Says three times Alcatraz winner Andy Potts. “The Washington WCS race will be a good challenge for me. I'm looking forward to the race to see where I am with my running.”

However, neither Andy nor Matty commit to predicting an outcome. “It is a world cup so you never know.“ (Matty). “My predictions are that it is going to be a tough race and it will get my best effort. As far as placing goes, I hope to race well but I'm not going to predict anything.” (Andy).
Andy and Matty running in Oceanside earlier in 2009
But for all US fans the last thought of Matty sounds promising: “Andy and I might break away shortly into the bike leg, get a 1min 30sec lead and run shoulder to shoulder for the win. Now wouldn’t that be cool?”
Indeed!

Both, Andy and Matty, will be wearing Suunto Comfort Belts during the the whole race. So will Jan Frodeno, Javier Gomez, Daniel Unger, Emma Snowsill, Sarah Haskins, Helen Jenkins and more.
Made possible by Suunto technology, their heart-rates, speed and GPS positioning data will be broadcast live throughout the race and also on the on-demand videos available via the ITU WCS website and on TV!

Andy Pott (Olympian and World Champion Half IM 2007)

Matty Reed (Olympian and Pan Am Champion 2009)

Daniel Unger (Olympian and World Champion 2007)

Helen Jenkins (UK Champion)

Jan Frodeno (Olympic Champion 2008)

Javier Gomez (Olympian and World Champion 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment