4/13/10

Jenny Fletcher Starts Season Strong




Jenny Fletcher, a newly-inked Suunto sponsored athlete, has begun her Triathlon season with a bang. Below is her version of the past two races.

From Jenny Fletcher: I have completed two races this year. Two very opposite races. My first ever ITU race in Mazatlan a couple weeks ago which was such a great experience... Race ready? Maybe not quite yet, but it brought a hunger that has driven me forward into my training and fueled my drive for the race I just completed this weekend. I just competed in the Nautica South Beach Triathlon. I am so thrilled with how this race went... from my focus, to how it felt, and for this new level of drive I've never had before. The power I felt in all three events and the fitness level was a new high for me. My bike average was 23mph, and my run average was a 6:06min/mile and I felt that I had just touched the beginning of a new era of training. I was able to cross that finish line with a smile and not really be concerned with the overall result. Just knowing I am at a place I have never been before had me so excited. I stood on that podium in second place smiling knowing I've trained hard and raced hard to achieve this! My 40 days of training in Australia with some of the best in this sport brought me to a new level. I owe everyone that was there my thanks, and to Siri Lindley my new inspiring and incredible coach... you and I both know the best is yet to come. To EVERYONE... THANK YOU as always... for supporting me and believing in me!

Jenny's next competition is this weekend where she is involved in the Dow Live Earth Run For Water. She will participate with thousands of others in Los Angeles to help raise awareness for the world's current water crisis. Then on April 22nd, Jenny is back in Florida for the St. Anthony's Triathlon and on May 2nd she will be back in California competing in her second (and favorite race) Escape from Alcatraz.
We're looking forward to a memorable season. Keep up the great work Jenny!

No comments:

Post a Comment