6/15/10

Jenny Fletcher Races in the Midwest


Another exciting weekend for Suunto athlete, Jenny Fletcher. Jenny competed well in the Elkhart Lake Triathlon in Wisconsin and came out with a 2nd place podium finish.

Here is recap from the race from Jenny:
I just wanted to give a quick race result on the race I did in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin! Great race! A gorgeous lake swim, a hilly 28 mile bike course, and a hilly run. Definitely my kind of race! The swim is coming along and I had the 2nd fastest swim time! My goal was to get on someones feet in the swim and I was happy to catch the guy I had my eyes on! The bike is becoming my strength and I had the fastest bike time. Maybe more non-draft races are in my future! For a hilly course that was a few miles longer, I knew this is where I could gain some time! At mile 5, I took the lead and from there it was all about making the gap bigger! The run I had the 3rd fastest time! Not by best run, but I am happy with my finish! Unfortunately I was passed in the last mile... But I will give Gwen (the winner) credit for she ran a 33:45. She had the fastest run, even over the men! Overall, I am totally thrilled with my 2nd place finish! Next up, another try at the ITU circuit! I have Coteau Du Lac on June 26th. A continental cup in Quebec!! Thanks for supporting me as always!

Good job Jenny! And good luck next week in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment